At ParkerJones Acoustics we have been fortunate enough to have kept busy throughout a very difficult period for the UK. Whilst the COVID-19 pandemic put a temporary halt to noise surveys, we have been able to find ways of working around this. And now that things are starting to get back to normal…. well, a new normal…. we’ve been able to start getting back out on site again.
Here’s some of the work we’ve been doing across the UK in recent months:
- Residential noise assessments (BS 8233 and the ProPG) from small 2 – 3 apartment buildings to large residential care homes in Bristol, Bath, Cheltenham, Yeovil, Southampton, Havant, Dundee, and Sofia (Bulgaria).
- BS 4142 noise surveys/assessments for domestic and commercial air conditioning system at various apartments and hotels around London.
- BS 4142 noise assessments for a large scale food factory in west Wales as part of obtaining an Environmental Permit, and a baseline survey for a scrap metal facility in Avonmouth docks.
- Noise assessments for pubs in Bridgend and the West Midlands, a cafe in Exeter, and takeaway restaurants in Bristol and Swindon.
- Building acoustic design work on a hospital in South Wales, and residential developments in Bristol, Leamington Spa, and Bulgaria.
- A BB93 noise survey for a school in Oxfordshire, and post-completion acoustic testing of a school in Bristol.
- Noise assessments for gyms in Bristol, Tottenham, and Hackney.
- Wedding venue noise assessments in Taunton, Hull, and Felixstowe.
- Noise management plan for a Nursery in London, and for a launderette in Manchester.
- Noise assessment review of work done on a proposed Dog Kennel in West Wales.
- Construction noise surveys, assessment and monitoring for developments in London and Swindon/the M4.
- A tranquility assessment for proposed tourism eco-freindly treehouses in South Devon.
- Assessments of windfarms to ETSU-R-97 in Pembrokeshire and Scotland.